Monday, October 24, 2016

Meet the new addition: Willa James

It's hard to believe it's been over a month since I last posted. Things have been pretty busy on my end. We spent half of the last month assisting in moving my mother in law and the second half moving ourselves. While I'm farther away from an AGP, I am closer to the city and that makes me happy. It also helps that our new apartment has huge windows and fantastic lighting for indoor photographs.

If it wasn't already obvious, the past couple of weeks were incredibly stressful. In addition I've been seeing a therapist for the first time since college to start the hard work on my anxiety, depression and PTSD. (I'm going to take a quick moment to say that it is so important to spread awareness on mental illness and there is no shame in seeking help.) This leg work has left me exhausted and has been bringing forward memories and feelings I've been locking up for a long time.

During this time I saw that a fellow collector was selling her #49. This doll has been on my wishlist for some time, and so today I am introducing Willa James Hart! She is the closest to being a mini-me personality wise. Her interests include Disney, reading, catching up on her favorite TV shows, fairy tales, history, and Harry Potter. Right now her and I are both enjoying anything to do with zombies- we even started watching the Walking Dead last night. She is the dancer in my group of girls. Three words to describe her would be introverted, studious, and passionate. I'm thrilled to have her in my gang and thankful that I could give her a second home within the AG collectors community.

You'll be seeing more of me! 

That's all for now, but I hope to be back this week with a special post for Halloween featuring Caroline. Hope you all are having a wonderful start to this fall season!

1 comment: