Monday, December 5, 2016

December, already?

Isn't it amazing how the holiday season can sneak up on you? Every year I find myself saying, "Well only 364 days until the next holidays." Somehow it still manages to surprise me every year. So here I am, realizing that I haven't put up a blog post in a while!

So what am I looking forward to this holiday season? Hanukkah & Christmas, both of which my wife and I celebrate. Putting all of my girls in their holiday best, which I think will be the subject of my next post here. Most of all I am excited for what I've dubbed the Great Christmas Surprise. I've mentioned it before over on Instagram, but last year we gifted Maryellen to my grandma. She grew up in the 50's and has fallen in love with her entire collection. It was such a treat being able to share American Girl with my grandma in a whole new way. My mom is the other person who started my love of AG and for the last two years there is no doll she has wanted more than Julie Albright. She grew up in the 70's and shares the same love of funky colors, banana bikes and Dr. Scholl's sandals. Every visit to AG Place she'll admire Julie and then set her down saying there's no way my dad would understand spending that on a doll for herself.

I'm guessing you can see where this is going?

I decided to test her hunch and called my dad who agreed that my mom needed a Julie of her own. After I quick search on eBay I was happy to find a Julie in our price range who was a former clothes model for an Etsy shop. She was in great condition- confirmed at her arrival. After a quick fix of her braid and dressing her up in her retired Dog Walking Outfit she is now ready and waiting under my Christmas tree. I think the waiting is hardest for me! I cannot wait to see the look on my mom's face when she realizes we all went in and got Julie for her. I think it's going to be a magical day.

Shannon

1 comment:

  1. What a great surprise for your mom! I hope you can share pictures here!

    ReplyDelete