Thursday, June 29, 2017

A Late Spring Cleaning

Finally the rough spring is over and summer has begun! I'll be honest, summer is pretty low on my list of favorite seasons. I don't do well in the heat and a minor sun allergy makes being outside troublesome. Nonetheless summer brings some of my favorite things; Pride, camping, and American Girl releases! Last week AG debuted the first of two summer releases and this one was strictly about the moddies, contemporary characters (minus Z), and Wellie Wishers. I am happy to say that I loved this release. American Girl has stepped it up a few notches this time, though I still will give them some points off for not including anything for Z.
Zosia & Sawyer have hit it off!
Like many other collectors I am in love with the new meet. I ended up bringing home TM #69. She is the new TM classic mold, brown eyes, and wavy dark brown hair. She's one in a line of many white TM dolls, but her middle part, eyes and hair are a combination I wanted for my moddies. She is going to take the place of Willa, my #49 who I have been unable to bond with. That will complete my moddie group of Meiko (#54), Zosia (#26), and Sawyer (#69). Between the three of them they will share all of my modern AG clothing, besides the outfits that belong to named GOTY.

So much in love with this outfit. Gabi is going to wear it forever, haha. 
The other things that made up my must have list were the new Travel in Style outfit, Gabriela's Take Flight outfit, Wellie Wishers Firefly Nightgown, and Wellie Wishers Outdoors Overalls. I hope to do more detailed reviews on each outfit later, but for now I will say that all of the outfits are beyond cute and I am very happy with the overall quality. I also picked up the new TM meet accessories and they are the best yet! They mix n' match perfectly with the new meet outfit and create a ton of options to style the doll. Definitely worth the price.

Sawyer + accessories.
My current taskat hand has been doing a 'spring cleaning' of my collection. I've gotten to the point where I've decided I want less dolls so that I have room to add more to the collections of the dolls I really bond with. Willa and Cecile have both left for new homes because I was unable to bond with them. Possibly up for rehoming are Julie, Kit, Melody and Tenney. Yep, Tenney. While she reminds me of my grandmother I have no interest in her big ticket items, nor do I care for the latest edition to her collection- the sparkling sequins outfit. The velvet of the blazer just *cringe*. Velvet has always been a fabric that almost hurts me to touch. It's hard to explain. While Tenney may be rehomed I will be focusing on adding to Felicity's collection as she is a doll that my grandma often bought me things for. I've realized there are other ways too I can make her feel known in my collection.

There is a loop for her hammer!
I've spent the last week writing and throwing away and writing more lists trying to determine how I'd like my collection to look. For now I know that I want complete or mostly complete collections for Felicity, Kaya, Caroline, Kirsten, and Josefina. I'd like to continue adding items for Rebecca, Addy, and Maryellen. Lea, Grace, Gabriella, Zosia, Sawyer, and Meiko will continue to represent my modern dolls. Hopefully this will give me more of the breathing room I am looking for and will allow me to feel like I'm really able to focus on all of my dolls instead of just some.

Also Happy Pride! My wife and I got to meet Al Franken!
I'm also hoping this will give me room for Nanea and ALL of her things, haha. That's the next release coming up in August and I cannot wait! Rumor is that Kaya will also be getting new things, which makes my heart so happy! So all is well on my front. I hope you all are having a fabulous summer!




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new doll! The Travel dress looks so cute too!

    ReplyDelete